We at Youth ARC, acknowledge and value skills held by individuals within our community and we aim to provide our volunteers with opportunities in roles such as workshop facilitation, centre administration, program roles, youth mentoring and event support.
Through our volunteer selection process we aim to align volunteers with program areas that complement their skills and passions in order to provide them with meaningful experiences and best support young people aged 12-25 years old.
Volunteer roles include:
- Centre volunteers
- Support young people and the youth team with customer service, social connection, set up/pack up of equipment, kitchen duties, administration tasks and program delivery.
- Workshop volunteers
- Assist in planning and delivery of skill development sessions and projects to young peopple in art, music and creative interests.
- Volunteer mentors
- Support young people in one on one environment to teach skills and knowledge in areas of interest of the young person. The mentor requires a reasonably level of skill in the activity and ability to teach effectively
- Key areas for workshop assistance and mentoring include visual arts and design, music, digital media and software skill development, social media, art curation, mural art, dance preforming arts and cooking and nutrition.
- Event volunteers
- Help coordinate youth events with young people and the youth team. Tasks include event planning, setup and pack up of equipment, event activity delivery and supervision, public relations and operational and procedure support.
Volunteers can work in multiple volunteer roles.
All volunteers require a current working with vulnerable people card.
To apply for a volunteer role please complete the selection form here
Volunteer selection will be determined by your relevant skills and capacity to contribute to our programs and current volunteer numbers.